Friday, February 25, 2011

Upcoming 2011 Comic Book Movies

Hello everyone,

Today I would like to talk to you about all the cool comic book movies that are coming out this year but a quick preview of what is on tap for next year.

May 6 - Thor

This is the movie that I am the most excited to see in 2011, with a fantastic cast with the likes of Anthony Hopkins, Natalie Portman, Colm Feore, Tom Hiddleston, and Chris Hemsworth as the Mighty Thor.  The director of the movie is Kenneth Branagh is a renown Shakespearean director and actor. Everything that I have seen so far has been quite simply EPIC!  The costumes and posters look amazing, and the latest trailer is possibly the best trailer I have ever seen, not only for a CBM but all films.  This is a wait 5 hours in line to get good seats for the midnight showing.

May 13 - Priest

Ok, so I haven't heard too much about this movie.  All I know is that it is set in the future where the Catholic Church has grown to be a great power and there are vampires that the church don't know about.  One day someone is killed by vampires and a priest decides to disobey the church and goes out to try and destroy the vampires.  The trailers for the movie seem to be look pretty good, I say its a see it in theater but a few weeks after it is released.

June 3 - X-Men: First Class

Ever since this film was first announced to be done I wasn't thrilled about it, I was hoping for a Magneto Origins movie.  The cast seems pretty good, I just hate how they have changed so many people that should be in a first class like Jean Grey and Cyclops. The trailer has swayed me a bit and I will probably go see the movie now, mostly because I believe that Michael Fassbender is going to have a great performance. Will I be standing in line for this movie, no way, but I will watch it either in a theater or on my computer.

June 17 - Green Lantern

Here is DC's biggest movie of the year and I believe its going to pull in a lot of money in the box office.  Mainly because Hal Jordan (the Green Lantern) will be played by an unknown Canadian actor named Ryan Reynolds ; ). Will this be the best CBM of the year? I don't believe it will because from the trailers it seems to be a little campy and on the goofy side.  I am hoping that the actual movie will be more on the darker side. This is a see it opening weekend movie because the CGI and affects will be amazing and Blake Lively who plays Hal Jordan's boss is smoking hot, while hoping that it becomes as big as it can possibly be.

July 1 - Transformers: Dark of the Moon

This is the third Transformers movie and they all follow the 3 basic rules, visually cool robots, over the top action and sexy, sexy ladies.  Some people will be sad that Megan Fox is not in this one but I'm sure we will all forget as soon as we see Victoria Secret model Rosie Huntington-Whiteley. You know what you will get with this movie, I will see in probably within the first week of the release.

July 22 - Captain America: The First Avenger

Captain America could quite easily be the CBM of the year (see a pattern here how Marvel seems to potentially have the top 2 movies of the year) and the big name actors will help it out a lot.  With Chris Evans as Capt, Hugo Weaving as the Red Skull, and Tommy Lee Jones as Col. Chester Phillips acting shouldn't be a worry for this movie.  I believe this movie will gain more than Thor simply because people know of Captain America more and most americans can relate to the war aspect of the movie. This movie is coming out the weekend of Comic Con 2011 (which I will be attending this year) so I will be watching this movie on July 25 down in San Diego.

July 29 - Cowboys and Aliens

This movie has two of the biggest action stars in the business in Harrison Ford and Daniel Craig.  Add in Olivia Wilde and John Favreau directing this movie could be the sleeper hit of the summer.  For me this is a see in the first week one.

August 19 - Conan

They have decided to do a new Conan movie with Jason Momoa playing said character.  I will make a decision on if I am going to see this when a trailer comes out.

2012 CBM's
Feb 17  Ghost Rider 2            May 4  The Avengers            May 25 Men in Black 3  
June 8 John Carter of Mars      June 29 Star Trek 2               July 3 Spiderman Reboot    
July 20 Batman: The Dark Knight Rises           Dec ???  The Hobbit Part 1

This should be a great year for CBM's..... That is all for tonight

1 comment:

  1. That is a lot of cool movies and it's going to be a great summer! I hope that they'll have a cool storyline and script to go with it.

    ReplyDelete